The Passion of the Trump
Donald Trump never said he hated immigrants or the Latin people. What he said was a porous boarder is a dangerous border. It’s wrong how the media is putting ideas out there that are unfounded. It goes to show how in the pockets of the Democrats they are. There are methods set up for people to enter this country, sneaking across the border is not the way. Thinking this is somehow alright misses the fact that very dangerous people use this method because there is no way in hell any good country should ever allow them in.
The Council has spoken, the votes have been cast and the results are in for this week’s Watcher’s Council match-up.
I saw that the Aztecs were eating human meat, just like we take cows from the butcher’s shops, and they have in all towns thick wooden jail-houses, like cages, and in them they put many Indian men, women and boys to fatten, and being fattened they sacrificed and ate them. – Bernal Díaz, a member of Cortez’s party in “The Conquest of New Spain” (written by 1568, published 1632)
When I was in Holland, the idea was, all cultures are equal and all are to be preserved. My idea was, no, all humans are equal, but not all cultures are equal. – Ayaan Hirsi Ali
We’re going to take over all the political institutions of California. California is going to be a Hispanic state and anyone who doesn’t like it should leave. If they [Anglos] don’t like Mexicans, they ought to go back to Europe. – Mario Obledo, former California secretary of health and welfare, 1998 Presidential Medal of Freedom recipient and co-founder of Mexican American Legal Defense and Educational Fund (MALDEF) interviewed on radio station KIEV, Los Angeles, June 17, 1998.
Hating people because of their color is wrong. And it doesn’t matter which color does the hating. It’s just plain wrong. – Muhammed Ali
This week’s winning essay, The Right Planet’s MTV Shames White People for ‘What They’ve Done in America’, is about MTV’s latest venture – the public racial shaming of white people on national television for profit and entertainment. And The Right Planet’s Brent Parrish had a few straight to the heart things to say about that. Here’s a slice:
Gay journalist and illegal immigrant Jose Antonio Vargas has produced a documentary for MTV called White People. Apparently the whole purpose of the documentary is to perpetuate the “white privilege” meme by gathering up some Caucasian youths in order to make them feel “uncomfortable” about their whiteness.
Via Entertainment Weekly:
Discomfort has a name, and it’s MTV’s “White People.”
The network is serious about its newest documentary from Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist Jose Antonio Vargas, who won the prize for covering the Virginia Tech shootings in 2007. “White People” tackles the hot topic conversation of white privilege head-on in a special presentation borne out of MTV’s Emmy-winning Look Different campaign.
The doc premieres on July 22 on MTV and follows five young white people from around the country, exploring their notions of racial identity in modern America.
Ah yes, let the Great Shaming continue!
Jose Vargas was born in the Philippines and came to the United States when he was twelve. According to a 2011 NYT article penned by Vargas, his mother sent him to live with his grandparents in the U.S. without obtaining authorization for him to stay in the country permanently. No word yet on when Vargas will shame his fellow “brown people” back in the Philippines over the fact they were “named as one of the most racist countries in the world” … not to mention their treatment of undocumented “yellow people.”
But I digress.
You know, as a white person, my idea of “white privilege” would go a little something like this … Let’s say I illegally entered Mexico and managed to land a job with the Mexican equivalent of Viacom (the corporation that produces MTV). And let’s say I produced a documentary titled Brown People that was funded by “brown people.” And let’s say the whole point of my documentary was to make “brown people” feel uncomfortable about what they have done in Mexico, as “brown people.” (You know, the Aztecs, Mayans, human sacrifices, drug cartels, narco-terror wars, and all that.) Of course, I’d also remind the “brown people” of how La Raza-ist (i.e. racist) they are if they expressed any displeasure over the fact that I had illegally emigrated to their country in order to make them feel uncomfortable about their “brown privilege.”
Now, if I could pull that off … that’s what I would call “white privilege.”
If we are forever going to be aggrieved by things that no one alive today had anything to do with (i.e. slavery), or assign collective guilt to an entire race of people over the actions of certain members from that race, then the hostility, resentment and rage will never end. But, sadly, there are those who benefit and enrich themselves by creating and fomenting permanent division (i.e. Marxist-Leninists et al).
More at the link.
In our non-Council category, the winner was the inimitable Mark Steyn with The Stupidity of Sophisticates, submitted by The Noisy Room. And does Mark Steyn take them apart! A must read.
Here are this week’s full results. Rhymes With Right, VA Right, Bookworm Room and GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD were unable to vote this week, but none were subject to the usual 2/3 vote penalty for not voting:
- *First place with 2 2/3 votes! – The Right Planet – MTV Shames White People for ‘What They’ve Done in America’
- Second place with 2 1/3 votes – Joshuapundit – Breaking – The Sordid Details Of Munich II Leak Out
- Third place with 2 votes – The Noisy Room – Pope Offers the Masses the Opium of Marxism
- Fourth place with 1 1/3 votes – Bookworm Room – The Humpty Dumpty remedy for the Church’s gay marriage problem
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 vote – The Independent Sentinel – Suburban Governments Were Just Nationalized by the Federal Government
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 vote – Nice Deb – Dumbest Article You Will Read Today
- Sixth place with 1/3 vote – Ask Marion – Progressive Planned Parenthood Roots and Continued Shame
- *First place with 2 votes! – Mark Steyn – The Stupidity of Sophisticates submitted by The Noisy Room
- Second place with 1 2/3 votes – Daniel Greenfied/FrontPageMag – Time To Call Obama And Kerry What They Are: Traitors submitted by The Independent Sentinel
- Third place *t* with 1 1/3 votes – Life News – Shock Video Catches Planned Parenthood’s Top Doctor Selling Body Parts of Aborted Babies submitted by The Right Planet
- Third place *t* with 1 1/3 votes – Michael Totten – The Iran Delusion: A Primer for the Perplexed submitted by The Watcher
- Fourth place with 1 vote – Peter Lipson/Forbes – Are We Really Ready For Quality-Based Doctor Payments? submitted by The Razor
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 votes – Duane Lester.Com – Missouri Democrats Rename Annual Dinner After Former KKK Member submitted by Don Surber
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 votes – Acculturated – Where Have All the Manly Journalists Gone? submitted by The Glittering Eye
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 votes – All Emerging Markets – A Visual Guide To Venezuela’s Failed Economy submitted by Nice Deb
- Sixth place *t* with 1/3 vote – David Harsanyi/The Federalist – Obama’s Nuke Deal Makes Israel The Enemy And Iran Our Ally submitted by Joshuapundit
- Sixth place *t* with 1/3 vote – Mark Theissen/WAPO – Obama’s silence on Kathryn Steinle killing is deafening submitted by The Watcher
See you next week!
Make sure to tune in every Monday for the Watcher’s Forum and every Tuesday morning, when we reveal the week’s nominees for Weasel of the Week!
And remember, every Wednesday, the Council has its weekly contest with the members nominating two posts each, one written by themselves and one written by someone from outside the group for consideration by the whole Council. The votes are cast by the Council and the results are posted on Friday morning.
It’s a weekly magazine of some of the best stuff written in the blogosphere and you won’t want to miss it… or any of the other fantabulous Watcher’s Council content.